Our friends over at Greentown Labs and Massachusetts Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MassMEP), a group that helps Massachusetts manufacturers grow, made headlines in the Boston Business Journal by teaming up to connect Massachusetts clean tech startups with local manufacturers. They're visiting manufacturing companies, hosting tours, and more.
"Many early-stage startup founders developing hardware products don't want to outsource jobs to places like China, but they don't know which local manufacturers are trusted and affordable.... We're seeing these startups leading the way on this. They don't want to go to China. They want to figure out how to do it here. It's a very exciting opportunity for startups in the Boston area to be a vanguard of that trend."
- Greentown Labs CEO and Executive Director Emily Reichert
In about six months, startups will have the option to search a database for local manufacturers and rate us. The goals:
Read the full article.
- Help startups become more knowledgeable.
- Get more business for local manufacturers.
- Expose local manufacturers to more technologies.
- Bring more manufacturing jobs back to Massachusetts.