Under TPM, operators:
- Monitor equipment.
- Document key data on areas requiring maintenance.
- Prioritize preventative steps and improvements, including replacement times for press components based on collected data.
- Create and follow maintenance checklists and schedules.
- Continuously improve.
Down the road
Ultimately, managers can predict when a machine will break down using two metrics:
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) shows how well equipment performs compared to its capacity.
- Total Effective Equipment Performance (TEEP) "measures OEE against calendar hours."