- We shorten our lead times to deliver parts to our customers more quickly.
- We provide learning opportunities for our employees.
- We free up time that increases our capacity.
- We catch and address quality issues sooner so they don't make it to our customers.
- We reduce our costs, which we pass onto our customers to stay competitive.
We spent a good part of the week addressing inefficiencies using Total Preventive Maintenance (or Total Productive Maintenance - TPM) with help from our consultant at the Massachusetts Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MassMEP). Our team observed our thin wheel insert production to find microstops and tackle repeat problems in real-time. The result: improvements to our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to avoid repeat problems and run a tighter ship so our customers have excellent experiences buying their metal stampings from Donahue Industries.