How is Massachusetts a leader in innovation and talent?
1. World-class research universities mean research that results in competitive, new products.
2. A talent pool from these universities creates products and improves products, services, processes, and organizational structures.
3. The Commonwealth has a thriving startup community for new product development.
4. There are a large number of suppliers like machine shops to manufacture custom parts on a small scale.
5. The Commonwealth has promoted manufacturing careers in community colleges and organizations and created training programs for skill development.
Source: Strengthening the Innovation Ecosystem for Advanced Manufacturing, released May 2015