PHASE 1: Develop Drawings & Specifications
- Bring in your prototype, sketches, or ideas. Talk with our engineer to understand the fastest and most cost-effective means of producing your metal parts. You’ll discuss how your product will look and function and how you’ll use metal stampings in your product, including:
- Strength: including tests the parts will have to physically pass
- Environment temperature: heat treating or curing ovens
- Material: thickness, finish, plating, color, and hardness
- Geometry: dimensions, tolerances, measurement methods, critical dimensions, stamping manufacturing burrs, and required and suggested testing
- Assembly: threads, welding, brazing, swaging, and riveting
- Testing: flatness, radial runout, torque, pushout force, and prototyping
- Markings: font style, size, and depth, logos, and marking method
- Special features: stiffening ribs, serrations, and gorilla tabs to prevent rotation
- Packing: weight limits, labeling, and cartons, drums, and skids
- Inspection: first article and during our production run
- Review your part drawings. Before you know it, we’ll finish a drawing of your part.
- Make changes. We’ll work with you to tweak the drawing so you’ll have functional metal parts at the best price.
- Approve your part drawing. Once we get the drawing to meet your needs, you’ll approve the drawing, and we’ll get started on the tooling.
PHASE 2: Create Tooling & Samples
Test samples. We’ll send you samples to test in your manufacturing process to make sure parts are exactly to print after our toolmakers finish creating a tool to stamp your metal pieces.
PHASE 3: Bring Your Product To Market
Plate your parts. You may choose to plate in cadmium, chrome, copper, nickel, or zinc or anodizing on aluminum for an attractive, colorful finish.
Meet customer demand. We’ll put the finishing touches on our process, creating inspection sheets and gauges to give you the best quality parts, and ship your parts on time and at lower freight costs than overseas – so you can concentrate on making your customers happy.